Search this blog!

Enter the Stamp, Die, or Occasion that you are looking for....
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, February 09, 2009
Blog Challenge

Flower Collage Trio

Today is another Paper Wings Blog Hop Challenge. We were to use the stamps from the Flower Collage Trio set. I love this tulip image! I stamped it in black and then embossed it with clear embossing powder. I then dug out my Stargazer Water Palette. I love these and never use them enough. They have Pearl-Ex in them and they just shine. They come in a nice tray and you just use your water brush to apply. The pic above makes the card look more pink but in real life it is red. I colored a piece of cardstock with the Mars Red Stargazer as well to match. The other stamps I used in this were Script Background and a happy birthday GWP from last year that was punched and matted on a scalloped circle. Everything was matted on black cardstock.

Here is may tip of the day: Do you have a pretty detail stamp that you want to color? Sometimes you will lose that detail once you color the image. How do you avoid this? Emboss! See Below.

This sample was done without embossing ... see how you lose the detail in the butterfly and flower leaf ... now check out the embossed one .....

This sample was done with embossing ... see how you keep the detail in the butterfly and flower leaf and can actually read the words in the circle in the upper left ... you also are able to stay in the lines better with the embossing ... so much more vibrant and sharp.

Check out all of these other blogs in the Blog Challenge today:

12 comments:

So pretty! I love that tip! I am trying to learn as much as I can about coloring and shading and was always a little disappointed when like you said some of the details were lost due to the coloring. I will definitely be embossing much more often before coloring now! Thank you!!!

Angela K said...

Pretty, thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

Nice card. I hadn't realized so much was lost without embossing. It makes me want to do my card over again...lol

This is so pretty! Love the shine

Anonymous said...

LOVE the before and after look of embossing. Such an amazing difference. Your card is so so pretty, and now I know the "secret"! Thanks!

This card is beautiful! Definitely, there's a HUGE difference with and without embossing!

Love the shimmer!!! and you are so right about embossing with clear ep! I go through tons of it, but it sure does make things stand out! TFS!

GREAT tip!! I love how you did examples of both ways to show the difference. Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

This is so so gorgeous! What a big difference the embossing makes! LOVE IT!

Alley said...

nice tip and I really enjoy the different details and coloring.

Gorgeous card! Love your coloring!

Traci G said...

This is very pretty!! I also love your comparison of embossed/non-embossed! Thanks for showing that!

Post a Comment

InkyStamper Store

Contact Me

Contact Me
or Call/Text 815-218-2916

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


Copyright

Copyright 2021
InkyStamper LLC
All Rights Reserved