Search this blog!

Enter the Stamp, Die, or Occasion that you are looking for....
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, October 01, 2011

A*Muse Studio Blog Hop - Scrapbooking!


Welcome to this month's edition of the A*Muse Studios Blog Hop!

If you are participating in the blog hop, you should have come from  Karen Crisp's Blog and if not, then you should start from the beginning with Tami's blog until you come to my blog.

For this Blog Hop I made a scrapbook page dedicated to my BFF Kim!!!


Friends Fur-Ever

I had so much fun with this scrapbooking page.  There is so much of this page that is definitely Kim!

This picture was taken the day that Kim and I met in person for the first time.  We have only known each other for 4 years but it seems like "fur-ever".  She and I were members on the Papercrafts Message Board and then the Stamp Shack.  Both of these places we posted info about ourselves, stamping, and such.  One day I noticed that she lived in Janesville, WI and I was pretty sure that was only 30 minutes or so from me.  I said we had to meet ...  and we did!  We met at Starbucks (a regular place for us now) and then we went to this fabulous Scrapbooking and Stamp store just down the road (see all the yummy wooden stamps behind us!)  Sadly Kim and I my friendship has outlived this store ... we loved it and could spend and have spent hours upon hours just perusing the shelves!  My day does not seem complete unless I have talked to Kim that day ... it is hard for us to go even one day not talking to each other.  A lot of people think we are sisters .... and though we are not ... we sure do have A LOT in common ... family issues, both have sons, both sold for the Angel Company, and most of all our tastes are VERY similar!  

For this scrapbook page I put a lot of thought into what I wanted to do .....

I decided to make a little scene from the Friends Fur-ever stamp set.  I used the squirrel, the leaves, and most of the sentiment sayings from that set.  I added a few clouds that were die cut and then dusted with Sky ink.  I stamped all of the sentiments on kraft cardstock (Kim loves Kraft - she's a tree hugger!).  I made those rocks myself (Kim is my ROCK!) ... I cut them out freehand and then dusted them with Slate Grey ink and Black Momento.  I used Sky Gingham cardstock for the background.  The page is 8" x 8" matted with Sugar cardstock.  I used my new grass die for the grass and used Sage cardstock for that.  The Tree and tree sentiment was from the Woodland Friends stamp set and seemed to go perfectly!  They were paper-pieced out of sage cardstock and french roast cardstock.  I added some dimension by pop-dotting certain elements to the page ... the clouds, the grass, the squirrel, and the sentiments.

I just love it ... and the best part ... I get to see her on Sunday as she is coming over to my A*Muse Studio Open House!!

Now on to your next stop Jennifer Corson's Blog!

ENJOY!




15 comments:

Your pages is super duper awesome! You are my ROCK too! OMG- we look young in that photo! LOL! You made me cry!!!!!! Can't wait to see you tomorrow! Love ya!

That is such a fun layout. Wonderful job.

This page is super cute! Love it!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute...love the scene you created for this page

Trudy O

Patti J said...

Wow, Chelsea - fun page!!! You and Kim look like you could be sisters :) Thanks for sharing another wonderful creation - you rock!

this is fabulous- what a great tribute!

This is adorable! I love how you layered the trees!

Brenda Lee said...

Awesome page!! Love what you did with the stones. Great job!

Carissa said...

what a cute page.

Angie said...

What a cute scene!

cuteness. like always! you two look like sisters!

Chelsea said...

What a great layout and cute title! Gorgeous photo too.

Hugs and Love.

Angela K said...

Too Cute!! LOVE it!

love this and love the story! How neat to make a forever friend through stamping!

Veena said...

Lovely and Wonderful layout design very neat and pleasing to me

Post a Comment

InkyStamper Store

Contact Me

Contact Me
or Call/Text 815-218-2916

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


Copyright

Copyright 2021
InkyStamper LLC
All Rights Reserved