About Me

My photo
I have been papercrafting for over 10 years now. I love Stamping, Scrapbooking, Altered Items, and basically ALL Papercrafts. By day, I design packaging for pharmaceuticals. By night, I am a coach for Fun Stampers Journey and I love to stamp into the wee hours.
Sign Up to Receive my Monthly FSJ Newsletter!

* required

*












*



Email & Social Media Marketing by VerticalResponse

Get My Blog Posts Daily by Email

Search this blog!

Enter the Stamp, Die, or Occasion that you are looking for....
Powered by Blogger.

Traffic Feed

Sunday, December 05, 2010
Ornament Swap


Cuddly Scene Ornament

My BFF (Kim) and I were involved in an ornament swap over on the Stamp Shack. This is the ornament that I made for her.

The picture (although good) does not really do this project justice.

I took a cookie cutter (yes a real cookie cutter - it's about 4" x 3" - got it at Hobby Lobby for 99 cents) ... and made a scene IN the cookie cutter. I think it's a cookie cutter of a cloud ... (or a flower?)

I used Kim and my favorite TAC set right now ... Cuddly Christmas.

I stamped the guys on white cardstock, colored them with my copics, and cut them out ....then the fun began!

I traced around the inside of the cookie cutter and then added 1/4" of extra that then was tucked into the cookie cutter to hold the backing on. I sponged this piece with Reflection Blue Palette ink for a sky effect.

I then traced some random snow hills in the cookie cutter and adhered those with layers of fun foam to give the ornament depth ... there is a total of 4 layers in this project. I added Crystal Stickles all over the snow hills (it's not really pink just photographed that way). I layered the cuddly creatures within these layers.

Then I stamped the sentiment and made it fit in another section of the cookie cutter.

I punched some snowflakes with my Martha Stewart and added stickles to the middle of these and then used glue dots to adhere those to the top of the cookie cutter.

I added a string to the be able to hang it on the tree ... and viola!


Here it is closer up!

Here is a side view of the ornament showing all of the layers.

ENJOY!

hmmmm ..... I love this project so much that maybe Kim isn't going to be getting it ... LOL!!!!

13 comments:

  1. This turned out so nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this really is a gorgeous ornie. Kim was lucky to have you as a partner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute, Chelsea!!! What a great idea, using the cookie cutter - Kim will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I SOOOOO LOVE IT! It's all MINE!!!!!! I was lucky to have you as a partner! SMILE! You totally ROCK!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:54 PM

    YOu amaze me! It's really cool. Kim is going to love it.-Kim S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did I tell you my name is "Kim"???How cute is this - and I am sure "Kim" will too. I just love this set too, I have made several cards with this, in fact the last card I made for my little chemo boy I used this set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a nice ornament :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so clever! You did great! I may have to try this some day....

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool project!! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the ornament. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is super! thanks for sharing the instructions!

    ReplyDelete

815-218-2916

815-218-2916
Journey Coach #1088

My Online Store

My Online Store
Open 24 hours a day!

View the Catalogs

Want to be an FSJ Coach?

Contact Me

Contact Me
or Call/Text 815-218-2916

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Copyright

Copyright 2017
Chelsea Comer
All Rights Reserved