Search this blog!

Enter the Stamp, Die, or Occasion that you are looking for....
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 25, 2008
One Stamp 7 ways



I participated in a swap over on the Stamp Shack where we took one stamp and made 5 ATCs out of it using different techniques. I got a little carried away though and made 7 with 7 techniques. The stamp I used was from TAC in a set called Luscious Leaves (it's retired now). I just love the look of this stamp in a variety of ways. This set was made for my partner in the swap Sue (artyfarty) who lives in England.


This was all 7 that I made. Details and close ups of each one are below.



Versamark & Kaleidacolor on Glossy


With this technique you stamp your image with versamark on glossy paper. Then you take a brayer and ink it up with a Kaleidacolor ink pad. I used Autumn Leaves here. After you brayer it you wipe off any ink that remained on the stamped image ... and viola ... just gorgeous and pops! Using black Stazon I stamped the sentiment in the lower right corner (from the Goodness of God set) and added a decorative brad in the upper left corner.



Colored Pencils and OMS


For this technique I stamped the image using black Palette ink. I colored the image (just the outer edge) with my Koh-i-noor colored pencils and then blended them with blending stumps and Odorless Mineral Spirits (OMS). I then stamped the saying (retired TAC GWP) in the lower corner and attached 3 green brads.



Perfect Pearls


This images was stamped with the Perfect Medium and then had Perfect Pearls applied. These products come in a kit and are one of my favorites. You can't see by the picture but these are very shiny and metallic. I stamped the saying below (retired TAC set) and then added the 3 gold eyelets.



Twinkling H2Os


This image was stamped using brown Palette Ink and then colored with Twinkling H2Os. I love the glistening and glittery look of these paints. I little goes a long way and I love to use these with just a tad of water (makes them more shiny). I added the ladybug button as a neat accent and then used this sentiment from another retired TAC set.

Versamark with Chalk

With this technique you stamp your image with versamark. Then you take a pom with chalk and rub it into the versamark. Using green landscape Palette ink, I stamped the sentiment (from the Oh How! stamp set) across the bottom.


Joseph's Coat

This was the first time that I tried this technique ... and it was really really cool!!! First I brayered glossy cardstock with a Kaleidacolor ink pad. I used Autumn Leaves again here. Then you stamp on top of the color with versamark and then emboss with clear embossing powder. After that is complete and dry then you brayer over the entire card again in a solid color (I used burnt umber Palette Ink). When that is done you take a cloth or paper towel and wipe all of the ink off of the embossed image ... just magical!!! I added a ribbon and a metal tag holder to finish it off.


Opalites

This is the first time that I have ever done this technique as well. The photo doesn't really do this ATC much justice .. it is much more sparkly and vibrant in real life. First you start with black card stock and you stamp your image with versamark and then emboss with clear embossing powder. Then the magic starts .... using Opalite inks use a direct to paper method to cover the paper with the Opalite ink pad. Then using a water brush and the reinker ink (I used artic emerald), you color in the leaf and again all I can say is WOW .... it really pops! Added ribbon and green metallic snaps for the finishing touch.

I love how they all turned out ... which one is your favorite????

4 comments:

WOW Chels- you ROCKED this challenge! Sue is going to love these! It is hard to pick a favorite (they are all gorgeous)but I am going to pick- Opalites. OF course I love that leave set since it is retired and I don't have it :(

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work! I like them all, but I think the perfect pearls one is my fave!! :)

Take care!!!
T

Traci G said...

These are all great!!! I like them all (of course!) but if I MUST pick a favorite, I will say the Joseph's Coat one. I love the pretty fall colors of it!

These are beautiful, Chelsea! I love the shimmer factor!

Post a Comment

InkyStamper Store

Contact Me

Contact Me
or Call/Text 815-218-2916

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


Copyright

Copyright 2021
InkyStamper LLC
All Rights Reserved