Search this blog!

Enter the Stamp, Die, or Occasion that you are looking for....
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, March 26, 2009
Bugawumps

Let your World Shine

My friend Kim and I recently attended a stamp show together. We met this wonderful lady Laura Jacobs that owns Bugawumps stamp company. She designs all of her own stamps and let me say they are wonderful!

While at her booth she demonstrated 3 techniques using oil pastels. I had never used them before and I was in awe! The above card uses oil pastels in the background and then you take a credit card and scrape some of them up and then lay them back down again. Finally the piece is heat set with an embossing gun.

I colored the bug with colored pencils and OMS. I added glitter with my Stardust glitter pens to the stars. The sentiment is from a TAC Seminar set 2 years ago. I stamped it on the same green paper that I punched a scalloped circle out of and the strip at the bottom. After I stamped it I cut out each word. Kim does this technique a lot and I love that look.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY HEAVEN AND STARS!!!!! I LOVE THIS! The colors are awesome and I love the way you cut out the words! ;) I need more bugawumps!!!!

Vicki Hook said...

Ok, I bought some oil pastels at a stamp show a few years ago and I could NEVER get it to look like the demo did (of course, lol). So they just sit unloved in a drawer.

This card is great!

Post a Comment

InkyStamper Store

Contact Me

Contact Me
or Call/Text 815-218-2916

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


Copyright

Copyright 2021
InkyStamper LLC
All Rights Reserved