Search this blog!

Enter the Stamp, Die, or Occasion that you are looking for....
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Angel Art Challenge - January

Over on Paper Wings site (a site devoted to all of you TAC lovers!!), Stacy challenged us to come up with a project using:

Glossy Cardstock
Felt
Buttons
Thread, ribbon, or scrappers floss to attach your buttons
1-2 additional embellishments
2-3 stamped images/sentiments
your choice of ink or color mediums
additional cardstock and/or patterned paper

Here was what I came up with:

Salsa Flowers - Thinking of You

I took the glossy cardstock and stamped a flower from the Salsa Flowers set with Versamark ink. I repeated this a few times and then put clear embossing powder on the images and embossed with my heat gun. Then I took my brayer and loaded it up with ink from the Kaleidacolor Autumn Leaves ink pad. I rolled that over the images and then took a towel and wiped away any ink that might still be on the embossed areas. This technique is a really cool resist technique that I LOVE to do with glossy paper!

I punched out one of the salsa flowers with a circle punch. I then matted the strip on red cardstock and punched a scalloped circle out of the same red cardstock.

For a felt accent I used one of the felt flowers from the Ava embellishment jar. I also used one of the buttons from that jar and then tied tan scrapper's floss through the button.

I stamped "thinking of you" with the Ordinary Greetings set and used Moulin Rouge Palette ink.

For the finishing touch, I added red brads to the middle of each of the flowers along the bottom.

Want more inspiration???
Check out these ladies blogs who also stepped up to the challenge:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just gorgeous! I love the color- te he he :) Super great layout!

Great card! I'm always looking for ideas on how to use glossy cardstock! I'm definitely going to try this technique! Thanks for playing :)

Angela K said...

Love this, so bright and happy! I am going to have to try that technique, maybe I will learn to love glossy cardstock after all!

Anonymous said...

Yummy orange! It's so pretty!

Christina

Great technique!

Post a Comment

InkyStamper Store

Contact Me

Contact Me
or Call/Text 815-218-2916

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


Copyright

Copyright 2021
InkyStamper LLC
All Rights Reserved