Search this blog!

Enter the Stamp, Die, or Occasion that you are looking for....
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008
2008 New Year's Resolution

Yes .. for 2008 one of my resolutions was to use my Janome sewing machine that I bought for sewing on cards. I bought this sewing machine the day after Thanksgiving 2007 at a sale at Hancock Fabrics for $29.99. Everyone had said how easy it was to use to sew on cards. Even though I had it I have been so intimidated by it. Not sure why. I have sewed a lot of stuff in my day and had my own sewing machine since I was 6 or 7. So before today and 2008 ended, I was bound and determined to pull out my Janome and JUST DO IT!!!

Coincidence maybe, but Gina K. also had a challenge on her blog today to sew on a card. And she has some great tutorials on how to sew on cards using your Janome. I read through all of those again and DID IT!

1st Sewn Card

So I used Doodlebug patterned paper and the Spring Dream set by TAC. I colored the flower with colored pencils and OMS. The sentiment is from the Tag Tidbit set. Obviously I sewed on the card. I then added another piece of thread with the white ribbon. Added hardware. Viola!

Now don't let this fool you ... I had a lot of "tries" before I got one to look this good. I messed around with tension and stitches and finally success!

Now maybe my resolution for 2009 should be to make 2 cards with sewing on them! LOL!





1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! Finally Finally you got out your sewing machine! I love that card so cute! I hope you use it more often now!

Post a Comment

InkyStamper Store

Contact Me

Contact Me
or Call/Text 815-218-2916

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


Copyright

Copyright 2021
InkyStamper LLC
All Rights Reserved