Search this blog!

Enter the Stamp, Die, or Occasion that you are looking for....
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, November 02, 2008
Last Week was Tough!

In this trying time, a lot of companies are going through cut backs and lay-offs. I learned first hand that my company is no different. 167 people were laid off from my little company and it touched basically every department. The worst part of it was that some of my closest friends, that I have worked with day in and day out for the past 5-1/2 years were impacted.

No one was given the opportunity to say goodbye and that was hard. They were just gone and gone quickly.

I made this card for a couple of my co-workers that meant a lot to me.

Guess Whoo Misses You .... Me!

I took the opportunity to use some of my new TAC sets. These are from the new Fall Supplement - Artsy Owls and What a Hoot. I stamped everything with Palette Burnt Umber ink. I then colored the owl and branch with colored pencils and OMS. I also colored in the "guess whoo". I added ribbon and googlie eyes for the finishing touch.

I wrote notes to each of them on how much I enjoyed working with them and that I was here for them if they needed anything including a reference ... I wish them all the best!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! It is awesome! I wish you were making this card for a different reason!

Vicki Hook said...

Wow, that is so sad! Glad you're safe for now at least! It's scary stuff out there!

LOVE your card! I've eyed those sets but just couldn't justify the money for them right now unfortunately. Maybe some day!

Post a Comment

InkyStamper Store

Contact Me

Contact Me
or Call/Text 815-218-2916

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


Copyright

Copyright 2021
InkyStamper LLC
All Rights Reserved