Search this blog!

Enter the Stamp, Die, or Occasion that you are looking for....
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, July 29, 2010
Open House Cards

I hope you enjoyed the virtual tour of my open house. (see next post if you didn't see it already)
These are the cards that we made ... it's funny ... everyone had their favorite ... most picked the one that I really did not like too much ... but that's why I try to make so many different kinds/samples.


Thankful am I

This is done with Versamark ink on Kraft cardstock and used the Stamp of the Month for July called Happily Grateful. With the Versamark we used chalks to color the leaves. I also used the new set called Fundamental Frames and used a nestability to cut out the frame. We added a few gems that we colored with copics. Then the corners were rounded with the Corner Chomper.



Thank Ewe

This card used the new set called Spring Friends and was stamped with Memento. We then played with some copic markers to color it. Added a strip of the new Emma paper which we tied scrapper's floss to. We used punches to punch out the sheep and the scalloped circle that he was mounted on.

Whale Hello

We used the new Oh Happy Day set on this card. I had a demonstration of how to color with the copics and how to shade. We added some glitter to the water stream with Stardust Glitter Pens. Added a scallop circle, patterned paper, and ribbon. Cute and easy!

Shake them Feathers

This card used the new Tail Feathers set. We colored it with colored pencils, Odorless Mineral Spirits, and Blending Stumps. I also did a little tutorial to show how to use the OMS with blending stumps. For the bottom of the card we used one of the dotted borders from the new set Background Soup with Palette L'Amore Red ink.

Birthday Wishes

For this card we started by making lines with the Scorbug and then sanding them lightly to create the dotted lines. Then we stamped "birthday wishes" from Thinking of You and embossed it. Then we masked that area and stamped flowers and leaves from the Blossoms and Blessings set and embossed those. Then we punched a small hole and wove white scrapper's floss through the card.

Everyone had a great time and I enjoyed sharing these projects with them. If you live locally (Rockford, IL) and would like to attend my next open house please be sure to either email me or sign up for my newsletter (on the left) so that you will be aware of all of my happenings.

7 comments:

Patti J said...

Each of your projects is wonderful, Chelsea! Of course, the Thank Ewe is so stinkin' cute, as is the whale card! I'm not sure I could pick a fave! Great job on them all...!

Rita W said...

All of your cards are awesome! My favorite is Tail Feathers - just adore that set. Great designs.

Girl, you are ROCKIN' the simple yet perfect cards!!! I am going to HAVE to CASE these, and add some stamps to my wishlist

Great projects! My favorite is the first one! I'm partial to leaves for some reason! LOL! TFS!

Great cards and I am sure your guests had a ball making them - hmm...my fav I think would be the Tail Feathers but like all of them. Will probably case a couple of these!!!

Beautiful cards and wonderful techniques. I love that! Great job! Hope your open house was very successful!

Angela K said...

These are great cards!!

Post a Comment

InkyStamper Store

Contact Me

Contact Me
or Call/Text 815-218-2916

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


Copyright

Copyright 2021
InkyStamper LLC
All Rights Reserved