About Me

My photo
I have been papercrafting for over 10 years now. I love Stamping, Scrapbooking, Altered Items, and basically ALL Papercrafts. By day, I design packaging for pharmaceuticals. By night, I am a coach for Fun Stampers Journey and I love to stamp into the wee hours.
Sign Up to Receive my Monthly FSJ Newsletter!

* required

*












*



Email & Social Media Marketing by VerticalResponse

Get My Blog Posts Daily by Email

Search this blog!

Enter the Stamp, Die, or Occasion that you are looking for....
Powered by Blogger.

Traffic Feed

Monday, January 26, 2009

Angel Art Challenge - January

Over on Paper Wings site (a site devoted to all of you TAC lovers!!), Stacy challenged us to come up with a project using:

Glossy Cardstock
Felt
Buttons
Thread, ribbon, or scrappers floss to attach your buttons
1-2 additional embellishments
2-3 stamped images/sentiments
your choice of ink or color mediums
additional cardstock and/or patterned paper

Here was what I came up with:

Salsa Flowers - Thinking of You

I took the glossy cardstock and stamped a flower from the Salsa Flowers set with Versamark ink. I repeated this a few times and then put clear embossing powder on the images and embossed with my heat gun. Then I took my brayer and loaded it up with ink from the Kaleidacolor Autumn Leaves ink pad. I rolled that over the images and then took a towel and wiped away any ink that might still be on the embossed areas. This technique is a really cool resist technique that I LOVE to do with glossy paper!

I punched out one of the salsa flowers with a circle punch. I then matted the strip on red cardstock and punched a scalloped circle out of the same red cardstock.

For a felt accent I used one of the felt flowers from the Ava embellishment jar. I also used one of the buttons from that jar and then tied tan scrapper's floss through the button.

I stamped "thinking of you" with the Ordinary Greetings set and used Moulin Rouge Palette ink.

For the finishing touch, I added red brads to the middle of each of the flowers along the bottom.

Want more inspiration???
Check out these ladies blogs who also stepped up to the challenge:

5 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous! I love the color- te he he :) Super great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I'm always looking for ideas on how to use glossy cardstock! I'm definitely going to try this technique! Thanks for playing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, so bright and happy! I am going to have to try that technique, maybe I will learn to love glossy cardstock after all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy orange! It's so pretty!

    Christina

    ReplyDelete

815-218-2916

815-218-2916
Journey Coach #1088

My Online Store

My Online Store
Open 24 hours a day!

View the Catalogs

Want to be an FSJ Coach?

Contact Me

Contact Me
or Call/Text 815-218-2916

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Copyright

Copyright 2017
Chelsea Comer
All Rights Reserved