Search this blog!

Enter the Stamp, Die, or Occasion that you are looking for....
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008
New Type of Cardstock

This past weekend my friend Kim and I went to my favorite stamp show in Madison, WI. One of the neatest and newest things that I found was cardstock that had a "colored" core. Why you ask would this be new and exciting?? Well if you use it with your cuttlebug embossing folders and then sand it with sandpaper, the inner core color is revealed!!! It is a great look.

The paper is by Core'dinations and it comes in black with color, chocolate brown with color, and vintage with color. The inner color is also on the back of the paper which allows you to use both sides for extra accents on your project.

Here are some of my creations that I made with this cardstock (and some of my new stamps):

Cute Lizard

I have seen this guy all over the pace and had to had him. I colored him with colored pencils and OMS (by Gina K - which I stocked up on at the show - her's is the best! - in my opinion). The cardstock was Black Magic with a green inner core. I embossed the cardstock with Swiss Dots cuttlebug folder and then sanded it with sand paper. I used the back of the piece to make the mat and the scalloped circle accent. Added some bling ribbon, some primas, some rhinestones (I bought in a pkg of 200 at the show for $4 - they have adhesive on the back!!!) and viola!

Kitty & Fish

I borrowed this stamp from Kim it's an Eat Cake Graphics. I used the vintage core paper and when you sand it a lighter shade of the color comes through. I used the Tiny Bubbles embossing folder and again sanded it. I paper pieced the water and fish. I stamped the kitty and rock on the white and then colored them with colored pencils and OMS. I then doodled the rest of the grass and edge of the water. Used "hello there" from TAC's Tag Tidbits. I matted the whole thing with the back side of the paper and viola!!!

Thanks Kim for the great weekend and letting me play with you!!!

2 comments:

Your cards are adorable! That card stock is awesome! I had a GREAT TIME! Thanks for coming and shopping, stamping, and eating! I want more of that mac and cheese pizza! YUM-O!

Anonymous said...

I love the lizard - sooooo adorable!!

Post a Comment

InkyStamper Store

Contact Me

Contact Me
or Call/Text 815-218-2916

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


Copyright

Copyright 2021
InkyStamper LLC
All Rights Reserved