Search this blog!

Enter the Stamp, Die, or Occasion that you are looking for....
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 03, 2009
Dedicated to Glinda

I have never met Glinda Chasteen (dreis1 on the Stamp Shack), but she was a frequent visitor to the site and commonly uploaded her beautiful works of art.

Sadly Glinda passed away on Christmas Eve last week.

At the Shack, Tami (teabear) came up with an idea to challenge ourselves and created something that was "inspired by Glinda".

Well I found this card in her gallery:


And I came up with this creation:

Snowmen from Heaven

Used my Creative Memories oval cutter. I cut some black and orange scraps for the hat and nose. I used some scrap ribbon for the scarf. I drew in the eyes, mouth, and buttons with a black Souffle pen. The background was stamped with TAC's Ornamental Snowflakes set in a few different shades of Palette blues. I then tore paper across the bottom for snow and added Palette Charcoal Grey to all of the "snow" edges. Sentiment seemed to fit and is some random TAC retired saying.


Rest in Peace my friend Glinda!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great take on Glinda's card! She would love it! I am tying to get back to my studio to play!

Thanh Vo said...

I know that Glinda would have loved it! :)

This is a beautiful tribute. This would make Glinda smile.

I just did a catch up on your blog today. I love all the Christmas treats you made.

Post a Comment

InkyStamper Store

Contact Me

Contact Me
or Call/Text 815-218-2916

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


Copyright

Copyright 2021
InkyStamper LLC
All Rights Reserved